SEGA Games Co., Ltd. / SEGA Interactive Co., Ltd.
To protect personal information provided by our customers, SEGA Games Co., Ltd. and SEGA Interactive Co., Ltd. (hereinafter referred to as SEGA or We) have enacted a “Basic Policy on Protection of Personal Information” and “Important Matters concerning the Handling of Personal Information by SEGA”. When personal information is provided, it will be handled in accordance with the “Basic Policy on Protection of Personal Information” and “Important Matters concerning the Handling of Personal Information by SEGA”. Please check the content carefully in advance.
Basic Policy on Protection of Personal Information
We may acquire and retain customer’s personal information in order to facilitate business and improve our service.As a business entity that handles personal information, it is of the upmost importance that We endeavor to maintain the trust of customers that provide us with personal information. We will therefore handle personal information acquired and retained as follows.
- Acquiring personal information We will acquire personal information through a fair and lawful means.
- Statement of purpose for use of personal information In principle, We will notify customers in advance of the purpose for use when acquiring personal information.
- Use of personal information We will only use personal information to the extent necessary for achieving the stated purpose. In addition, personal information will not be provided to third parties outside SEGA without prior consent from the customer in advance, except when obligated by laws and law enforcement.
- Shared use of personal information We will inform the customer in advance when sharing personal information with a third party outside SEGA.
- Security of personal information We will endeavor to keep personal information accurate within the range necessary for achieving the purpose for use, and take appropriate safety control measures to prevent leakage, loss or damage to personal information.
- Staff supervision We will conduct necessary and appropriate supervision of officers and employees to ensure that personal information is safely managed.
- Supervision of subcontractors In cases where We entrust handling of personal information to a third party outside SEGA, he / she will conduct necessary and appropriate supervision of the third party to ensure that personal information is safely managed.
- Disclosure of personal information When a customer whose information is being retained by SEGA makes a request to notify on purpose for use, to disclose, to correct, add or delete the content, to discontinue its utilization, to erase, and to discontinue its provision to a third party, We will respond in a manner stipulated by regulations.
- Complaint resolution We will respond in good faith to complaints or concerns regarding the handling of personal information.
- Establishment of in-house regulations concerning protection of personal information In order to implement this policy, We shall establish internal regulations on personal information protection and diligently inform the officers and employees of the respective companies about the appropriate handling of personal information. Implementation will be audited in a timely manner, whereupon any necessary improvements will be made.
- Legal compliance We will strive to protect personal information by complying with laws and other regulations relating to the protection of personal information.
1st December, 2016
Important Matters concerning the Handling of Personal Information by SEGA
- Name of entities handling personal information
SEGA Games Co., Ltd. (1-2-12 Haneda, Ota-ku, Tokyo 144-8531)
SEGA Interactive Co., Ltd. (1-2-12 Haneda, Ota-ku, Tokyo 144-8531)
- Purpose for use of personal information
- We may request personal information from the customer for the following purposes.
- (1)Responding to inquiries about products, sending catalogs and other marketing materials, and responding to requests for product repairs
- (2)Sending of gifts, marketing materials relating to development or improvement of products, and notifications of events such as game tournaments
- (3)Distribution of newsletters and mail introducing new products
- If the event that we receive personal information under circumstances other than those detailed above, we will inform the customer in advance of the purpose for use.
- Please note that by applying for gifts and events, your name may be publicly posted as part of a winner announcement.
- Visitors under 16 years of age should obtain parental or guardian consent before providing personal information.
- In the event that it becomes necessary to change the purpose for use, the permission of the customer will be obtained except where stipulated by law.
- A cookie is a small data file We send to your browser to allow more effective operation of the web site.
- We are unable to acquire personal information via cookies.
- You can instruct your browser, by changing its options, to stop accepting cookies or to prompt you before accepting a cookie from the websites you visit.
- We may use the Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting feature to collect certain visitor information, including, without limitation, age, gender, and interests. Information collected and reported through this feature never includes personally identifiable information. If you would like to opt-out of this reporting feature, please change your personal settings on your Ad Settings page and/or download and install Google’s Opt-out Browser Add-on for your web browser. You can also customize advertisements displayed through the Google Display Network by changing your personal settings in your Ad Settings page. Your Ad Settings page can be accessed through your personal Google account.
- Provision of personal information to a third party
- We will not provide personal information acquired from customers to third parties outside SEGA without obtaining prior consent from customers, except in circumstances detailed below.
- (1)When obligated by law
- (2)When it is necessary for the protection of the life, body or property of a person, and it is difficult to obtain consent from the identified individual directly
- (3)When it is particularly necessary for the improvement of public health or promotion of healthy fostering of children, and it is difficult to obtain consent from the identified individual directly
- (4)When it is necessary to cooperate with a national agency or a local public entity or an entrusted individual carrying out affairs prescribed by law, and there is a danger that obtaining consent from the identified individual will impede the carrying out of such affairs
- Shared use of personal information
SEGA SAMMY HOLDINGS INC., each of its respective companies and their subsidiaries and affiliates (hereinafter referred to as SEGA SAMMY Group) will make shared use of personal information in accordance with the following terms:
- (1)Items of personal data for shared use
Name, address, gender, date of birth, company/organization name, position, telephone number, email address, play data log, terminal identification information, location information, communication history and other relevant personal information required for the smooth operation of business
- (2)Scope of collaboration
SEGA SAMMY HOLDINGS INC.
Other SEGA SAMMY Group companies (Click here for details.)
- (3)Purpose for use
- i.Providing information on products, events, campaigns and surveys
- ii.Utilization for planning and development of products and services
- iii.For marketing purposes
- iv.Management of the performances of the customers using the service, overview of events, and results
- v.Acceptance of registration for products and services, and provision of services
- vi.Contacting recruitment applicants, hiring decisions, recruitment applicant management
- vii.Checking antisocial force applicability before beginning various transactions, maintenance etc.
- viii.Other uses as required for the smooth execution of each company’s business
- (4)Office responsible for managing personal data
SEGA SAMMY HOLDINGS INC. Personal Information Consultation Office Shiodome Sumitomo Bldg. 21F, 1-9-2 Higashi Shimbashi, Minato-ku, Tokyo 105-0021
- (1)Items of personal data for shared use
- Procedure for responding to disclosure requests
- We will establish a consultation desk for responding to customer inquiries regarding personal information.
- The consultation desk will perform disclosure, correction, and suspension of use of retained personal data upon request by the identified individual.
- Please be advised that upon such requests, We may require copies of official documents such as a driver’s license or passport to confirm identity.
- When responding to requests such as disclosure, we may charge for expenses incurred such as postage and other fees. The customer will be contacted separately in this regard.
- Making requests such as disclosure
Inquiries from customers regarding personal information will be handled at the consultation desk of the company providing the service used by the customer. Please check here (http://sega.jp/contact/) for contact details of the consultation desk.
If you are uncertain as to which consultation desk to contact, please use the mail form here (https://sega.jp/contact/web/).
The content of the privacy policies and site policy for this site have been provided in English for informational purposes only. No guarantee is made regarding the accuracy of the translation, and in the event of any discrepancy, the original Japanese language agreements will take priority.